Compact for Achievement
|The Teacher Will|
- Provide high quality curriculum and instruction using Common Core Standards for Reading and Math so students will meet the Stateís academic achievement standards as well as District goals.
- Provide instruction in the subject/grade level for which I am responsible.
- Provide a safe, pleasant, and drug-free atmosphere for learning.
- Explain assignments and deadlines clearly to students.
- Provide clear assessments of student progress and achievement to both the student and parent/guardian on a timely basis.
- Be available for conferencing with the parent/guardian as necessary.
- Provide parent opportunities to volunteer, participate and observe classroom activities.
|The Student Will
- Do my best in all that I do.
- Respect the rights of others so learning is not distracted or disrupted.
- Come to class prepared and on time with necessary materials.
- Give to my parents/guardian and/or teachers all notices and information received by me.
- Read 20 minutes each day outside of school.
- Contact school advisor at least once a semester to review grades, credits, future plans, etc.
|The Parent Will
- Stay informed of my childís education: check school/teacher website/read all school communication.
- Review homework assignments and offer assistance when needed.
- Encourage my child to read 20 minutes each day outside of school.
- Review assessments on a regular basis; sign progress reports and make every effort to attend Parent-Teacher Conferences.
- Demonstrate interest in the studentís well-being by attending school functions, find opportunities to volunteer and support the studentís school activities.
- Ensure that the student gets to school each day, on time, and ready to learn.
Alvin C. York Agricultural Institute is committed to frequent two-way communication with families about student learning. Some of the ways you can expect us to communicate are:
- Parent-Teacher Conferences-Fall & Spring.
- School website.
- Family Engagement Activities.
- Phone calls, e-mails, notes, etc.
- School and Community newspaper.
- Progress Reports.
- Home visits.